1. Items checked out at the LSC or BSB for up to 6 hours or until 8:45pm Mon-Thu or 4:45pm Friday, whichever is sooner. Tilt Laptops are to remain within the Great Hall, and may be checked out for the remainder of the day, until the Great Hall closes.
2. Items are renewable. If you need to use a laptop longer than 6 hours, bring the item and its accessories to the Reserve Desk before it becomes overdue. If other laptops or kits are available for checkout, the Desk staff can then check the laptop or kit and its accessories out to you for another 6 hours. If no other laptops or kits are available at that time, we advise checking back in a half hour.
3. Supplemental accessories, such as headphones or video adapters, can also be checked out for a 6-hour loan period. All items must be returned together/at the same time. Charges will be assessed for any missing or late items.
4. Late charges will be issued if an item becomes overdue. Non-refundable overdue fines are assessed for each item overdue at $5.00 for the first day overdue and $5 per day thereafter up to a maximum of $25.00.
5. Each item not returned after 6 days from time due, or returned without all internal and external components intact will be billed at its replacement charge plus a non-refundable billing fee of $5.00. Replacement charges are assessed in addition to the maximum overdue fine. Replacement charges maximum prices are: Laptops = $1,800, each accessory = $95.00. If damage occurs to any components or accessories, damage charges will be imposed as appropriate.
Fines must be disputed within 3 days of issue, and must be presented in written format with details including when and where it was returned.
All incurred fees are charged to your student account. Fees are processed on the 15th of the month, and then posted to the student account on the 1st day of the following month. (i.e.) If a fee is incurred on Sept 16th, the fine would post to the students account on Nov 1st. Anyone questions may be directed to:
6. Never leave a laptop or any accessories unattended! You are responsible for all items until you have returned them directly to a Loan/Reserve Desk employee and it is checked in. Billing charges will be assessed to you if any item is lost or stolen while still checked out to you.
Should the Loan\Reserve desk be unattended, send an email to UTRC_Checkout@mail.colostate.edu with your Student ID # and the checkout item, then keep the item until the next business day. Late fees for an overnight checkout will only be waived if an email is received the before the items due date.
No food or drinks should be in the immediate vicinity as damage fees will be assessed if any damage should occur.
7. Laptop clocks are not always accurate and should never be used to calculate laptop due time; Overdue fines will not be dismissed for the reason of using laptop clock or for not having an accurate timepiece available.
8. The laptops represent a significant investment in providing University users with a technology service in addition to the Undeclared Technology Resource Center and Electronic Reserve. Your respect for the equipment and the rights of other patrons will be appreciated. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
9. Failure to report damages to the checkout staff will result in the maximum allotted charges being issued to your student account.
I have had sufficient time to review and seek explanation of the provisions contained above, have carefully read them, understand them fully, and agree to be bound by them. After careful deliberation, I voluntarily give my consent and agree to this Release from Responsibility, Assumption of Risk, and Waiver.